Happy New Year! Welcome 2009!
This coming Chinese New Year (on January 26th) it will be the year of the Ox – which is my year. Although I will be turning 36 (OMG!), I have a strong feeling that this year will be my year and everything will be going my way.
So this year, I have decided to make some New Year’s Resolutions (and try to do as much as I can).
- Try to eat healthier (meaning eat organic, less process foods more whole foods); cooking more at home and eating out less.
- Less coffee and caffeine
- Buy less, make more (e.g. make gifts instead of buying them)
- Keep my home clean[er]; de-clutter
- Do more things that I love (design and other creative things)
- Spend more time with my daughter and pup
- Walk more (exercise), drive less
- Write more letters, less emails
- READ – just find time to read more books
- find a husband (hahaha)
I’m sure that there are more, but I will need to add later.
I realized that in the last 6 months, I am finally doing things that I have always wanted to do. Things that either I have stopped myself from doing or others had told me that I couldn’t do it (or wasn’t good enough to do). I think that stopping myself was the worse thing to do for myself. So for the last 10 years, I’ve been working at a job instead of DOING what I LOVE. So I decided that it’s time. It’s time for me to pursue what I LOVE to do.
So I am taking classes to pursue my interest in Graphic Design. Then I am going to get back into Photography. I’m also sewing again and learning felting and crochet. I’m looking forward to learning and taking more classes/workshops this year.
Today I have also opened my Etsy shop online. With the support and encouragement of family and friends to sell the things that I make, I decided to open my Etsy shop.
Come and visit my store dorisdays.etsy.com